This week we focused on being kind and loving one another even though we are different. We shared a presentation with the children on how there are different cultures around the world. We asked the kids how we can work together and get along with people that aren't like us. They really had a positive look at it. They had great insight about how they are different then their best friends but they find value in their differences. We went out side and drew chalk outlines of the children's bodies and the children went around and said nice things about one another. It was such a great activity. There was one child specifically with autism that really feel connected to some of the students. He said some very nice things. He doesn't recognize that he is any different from them. This program really does well at loving everyone, no matter their state of health or special needs. We are all Sons and Daughters of God. We need to lift each other up, hold one another's hand and work together to make the world a better place.
Here are some real images of our activity:

Learning Disability: Just like this little boy. I had to take in practice what he goes through daily. I had to goes hours talking and feeling how he and millions of other with learning disability feel. All i wanted to do was fully express myself and full communicate, but it was so difficult. I was so grateful for this activity, so that I could truly feel what he feels. Although i won't ever FULLY know, I got a glimpse of it and now i have so much more empathy.
No comments:
Post a Comment